The Glasgow Art Club, a private members’ club, is only a few streets away from the original 1903 Willow Tea Rooms that Charles Rennie Mackintosh designed. The club has occupied its Bath Street building since June 1893, and has been a meeting place for the city’s most innovative and creative minds ever since. Local architects Honeyman & Keppie were engaged to transform two townhouses into a new Clubroom and their employee, Mackintosh, was responsible for designing a number of the features including a frieze in the main Gallery.
In his 1891 North Italian sketchbook, Mackintosh drew a pencil sketch of a set of doors. These impressive doors included brass mounted door plates, with Art Nouveau style figures carved into them. It was from these door plates that designer Kerry Goodwin, took her inspiration to create a duo of framed plaques. The original brass door plates were golden, so Kerry’s Art Club plaques take their colour from her imagination, while she adds a luxurious touch by the application of silver lustre to some of the sinuous lines, to pay homage to the original polished metal doorplates.
- Designer: Kerry Goodwin
- Dimensions: H 35.00 x W 14.50 x D 1.50 cm
- Availability: Please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery
- Product Width14.50cm
- Product Height35.00cm
- Product Depth1.50cm
- Designer:Kerry Goodwin
- Design Window (Style):Geometric & Stylised / People